Tuition & Financial Aid
2019-2020 School Year
Pre-Kindergarten - $37,250
Kindergarten - Grade 3 - $38,800
Grade 4 - $39,100
Grades 5-6 - $40,500
Grades 7-8 - $42,400
Grades 9-12 - $45,500
Three tuition (including lunch fee) payment schedules are available:
- One payment due July 1
- Two payments: 50% by July 1 and 50% by January 1
- Ten payments: June 1 through March 1, with one-time $250 fee to be added to the enrollment deposit.
FINANCIAL AID PROCESS FOR NEW APPLICANTS
New applicants for financial aid must complete the following steps:
- Complete the PFS online through the SSS website by December 15, 2018. The SSS database will open in early October. Because of the early timing, families need to estimate both years of income (2018 & 2019) that are requested on this form.
- Families must also upload copies of the most recent federal tax forms (2017) and W-2s (2017) to the SSS website by December 15, 2018. Applicants are required to submit all forms and schedules that they file in a given year, including returns for individual children.
- Grants are made by RCDS with the stipulation that all numbers will be verified with tax material from the current year as the information becomes available. Families are also required to upload their 2018 W2's (no later than 2/15/19) and 2018 Form 1040's (no later than 4/15/19)* to the SSS website.
- Families may be requested by the Financial Aid Committee to supply additional documentation and/or have personal meetings as needed. The Financial Aid Officer will print necessary copies of documents for the applicants file.
- Complete IRS Form 4506-T and submit it to the Financial Aid Officer. Please complete lines #1-4, sign, but do not date the form. Please note there is no fee for this form. RCDS reserves the right to request verification of tax information from the IRS. This form may be found online by clicking here.
- The School distributes financial aid grants simultaneously with admissions offers. Families will receive notifications in mid-February.
*The Headmaster must approve financial aid grants if there is an IRS tax filing extension until October.
HELPFUL RESOURCES FOR NEW APPLICANTS
Rye Country Day School is eager to encourage all qualified students to apply to the school. We are actively committed to maintaining a school community of students from diverse backgrounds and experiences and our extensive financial aid program helps to make a Rye Country Day education accessible for those who demonstrate financial need. RCDS grants approximately $5.6 million in financial aid to 16 percent of the student body.
The Rye Country Day School Financial Aid Program uses School and Student Services (SSS) to establish financial need. Parents of financial aid applicants need to complete the Parents Financial Statement (PFS) using the RCDS code 6208. (In the case of divorced or separated parents, the equivalent form from the non-custodial parent must be submitted as well.) The School also requires that applicants submit a copy of all federal IRS forms filed in the previous year as well as the most recent W2 forms. For more information about SSS, call 800-344-8328 or visit their website. Required forms must be submitted by December 15. If a student is accepted, financial aid responses will accompany admissions decisions.
Financial aid funds come directly from the resources of the School, and student awards consider the entire expense of attending RCDS. This factors in "extra" costs such as lunch, books, and other expenses. Furthermore, all financial aid students in Grades 7-12 (regardless of the grant size) receive a new laptop computer from the school as part of their financial aid package. RCDS also supports the cost of school-related trips for financial aid students at the same percentage as their financial aid award for tuition.
If you are interested in pursuing a financial aid application at RCDS, please be sure to mark the appropriate box on the Online Admissions Application. You can also access a list of FAQs (frequently asked questions) regarding financial aid. RCDS usually allocates its financial aid budget for new students by mid-February, and the granting of aid after this date is subject to availability of funds.
While we fund students from all three divisions, the majority of the grants are given to Middle and Upper School students. There are limited funds for Lower School students and no financial funds available for Pre-Kindergarten.
Questions about financial aid? Please visit Admissions FAQ or contact Courtney Doucette, Financial Aid Officer, at 914-925-4542 or Courtney_Doucette@ryecountryday.org.