Financial Aid Process
Rye Country Day School is eager to encourage all qualified students to apply to the School. We are actively committed to maintaining a school community of students from diverse backgrounds and experiences, and our extensive financial aid program helps to make a Rye Country Day education accessible for those who demonstrate financial need. RCDS grants approximately $7 million in financial aid to 16% of the student body.
Rye Country Day School uses the external organization Clarity to determine a family's level of financial need based on the information that families share in the application which includes assets, income, expenses, and debts. Clarity offers a streamlined and user-friendly financial aid application process that is mobile-friendly, so you can complete your financial aid application on your phone or tablet. Financial aid applications through Clarity must be submitted by December 15. If a student is accepted, financial aid responses will accompany admissions decisions.
Financial aid funds come directly from the resources of the School, and student grants consider the entire expense of attending RCDS. This factors in "extra" costs such as a laptop, lunch, books, school-related trips, and other expenses. For any additional expenses, families who receive financial aid for tuition also receive aid for all aspects of the school at the same percentage as the student's financial aid grant.
If you are interested in pursuing a financial aid application at RCDS, please be sure to mark the appropriate box on the Online Admissions Application. RCDS usually allocates its financial aid budget for new students by early February, and the granting of aid after this date is subject to availability of funds.
While we fund students from all three divisions, the majority of the grants are given to Middle and Upper School students. There are limited funds for Lower School students, and no financial funds available for Pre-Kindergarten students.
RCDS uses the external organization Clarity to determine a family's level of financial aid. The Clarity team hosted an informational webinar for parents/guardians who would like to learn more the Clarity financial aid application.
- What payment options are available?
- How much financial aid is available at RCDS?
- Will I have to pay back my financial aid grant?
- Does financial aid only cover tuition?
- Who are the students that receive financial aid at RCDS?
- How does one apply for financial aid at RCDS?
- How does Rye Country Day assess a family's financial need?
- Is my information secure with Clarity?
- What if our family is separated or I am a single parent/guardian?
- How does the timing of the financial aid application work?
- Will my application for financial aid impact my admissions decision?
- Will I continue to receive financial aid for the duration of my student's tenure at the School?
- While attending RCDS, will everyone know that my student is receiving financial aid?
- What should I do if I have more questions?
If you need support during the process of completing your application through Clarity, there is in-app support available through the “Help” button in the bottom left of the screen, as well as email and phone support at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 210-3752, in both English and Spanish. The application itself is also fully translated into Spanish.
To learn more about the financial aid application, please contact Ariana Wimpy at (914) 925-4522 or email@example.com.
To learn more about current families' experience with the financial aid program, please contact Joshua Rivera at (914) 925-4632 or firstname.lastname@example.org.