Financial Aid Process
- Complete the PFS online through the SSS website by December 15, 2021. The SSS database will open in early October. Because of the early timing, families need to estimate both years of income (2021 & 2022) that are requested on this form.
- Families must also upload copies of the most recent federal tax forms (2020) and W-2s (2020) to the SSS website by December 15, 2021. Applicants are required to submit all forms and schedules that they file in a given year, including returns for individual children.
- Grants are made by RCDS with the stipulation that all numbers will be verified with tax material from the current year as the information becomes available. Families are also required to upload their 2021 W2's (as soon as available) and 2021 Form 1040's (no later than 4/15/22)* to the SSS website.
- Families may be requested by the Financial Aid Committee to supply additional documentation and/or have personal meetings as needed. The Financial Aid Office will print necessary copies of documents for the applicants file. All files and documents are kept secured and are strictly confidential.
- The School distributes financial aid grants simultaneously with admissions acceptances. Families will receive notifications in early-February.
*The Head of School must approve financial aid grants, if there is an IRS tax filing extension until October.
- Is financial aid available at RCDS?
- How much financial aid is available at RCDS?
- Will I have to pay back my financial aid grant?
- Does financial aid only cover tuition?
- Who are the students that receive financial aid at RCDS?
- How does one apply for financial aid at RCDS?
- How does Rye Country Day assess a family's financial need?
- What if our family is separated or I am a single parent/guardian?
- How does the timing of the financial aid application work?
- Will my application for financial aid (PFS) impact my admissions decision?
- Will I continue to receive financial aid for the duration of my student's tenure at the School?
- While attending RCDS, will everyone know that my student is receiving financial aid?
- What should I do if I have more questions?
Questions about financial aid? Please contact Courtney Doucette, Financial Aid Officer, at 914-925-4542 or
Interested in applying for financial aid?
Please note: the financial aid process and the admissions process are separate. You will receive notification at the same time of both the admissions decision and your family's financial aid grant.