Off Campus Privilege (Grade 12)
Seniors may leave school whenever they have no school responsibility. Seniors also may use their RCDS registered automobiles during the school day if they have a free period.
Seniors who have permission from their parent/guardian to leave campus must sign out and indicate their departure time and destination. Seniors must sign in upon return to school. The computer on which to sign out and sign in is outside Mr. Kyle’s office. In addition, there will be a clipboard in that same location. Seniors should write down the name of any senior who will be riding with them. THERE IS A LIMIT OF TWO PEOPLE IN A CAR.
- Seniors must not miss any school responsibilities. School responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Academic classes
- House and Advisory
- Community Meetings
- Class/Grade Meetings
- Seniors must be present at House (unless they have an approved sleep-in) and Community Meetings, even if they do not have a first period class.
- Failure to meet the above obligations will result in loss of this privilege. Also, seniors who have excessive latenesses or attendance problems, as determined by the administration, may lose off campus privileges.
- Off campus privileges for the class are subject to change if students do not maintain an appropriate level of respect for campus buildings, grounds, and community members.
- Lateness to school cancels these privileges for the date of the lateness.
Please read this policy carefully and indicate whether you wish your child to have this privilege as soon as possible. Your child may NOT take this privilege until we hear from you!