Physical Education Exemption Request
It is required in New York State that students receive a passing grade in Physical Education/Athletics. At Rye Country Day School, to be an eligible candidate to receive a passing grade for the year, the school requires that students successfully complete each of the three seasons by participating on an athletic team or by enrolling in the Physical Education program or by fulfilling the requirements of the granted exemption. In the event that a student does not pass a season (for reasons other than being Medically Excused) that student will be assigned to the Fitness Center for make up sessions.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION EXEMPTION POLICIES
- Exemptions will be granted for sports and activities that are not offered at RCDS and must be executed at a high level in the opinion of the Committee. Exemptions will not be granted for a sport that is in the season at RCDS.
- Deadlines for submitting an application will be communicated by the Director of Athletics and Physical Education. Failure to meet these deadlines may result in a denial of the application.
- Time requirements for an exemption must be
- Upper School: a minimum of 10 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
- Middle School: a minimum of 10 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
- Applicants seeking an exemption should be prepared to discuss this request with the Director.
- At the end of each season, an on–site evaluation must be completed and emailed to Georgette Summers at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the published deadline.
- Failure to have the supervisor comment on file by the due date will result in an incomplete and denial of future exemption
- Incomplete evaluations will result in denial for following season.