Who do I want to be? How do I want to live?
- Annual leadership retreat for Upper School students
- Summer Ethics Workshop
- Alumni speaker series
We seek to lead ethical lives in which we exhibit well-defined qualities of character and leadership.
A student who demonstrates Leadership...
- takes initiative and follows through.
- makes thoughtful decisions.
- sets a positive example for others
- inspires others.
- listens openly and communicates effectively.
A STUDENT With a well-developed sense of Ethics...
- values justice and works to make the world a more just place.
- has studied and appreciates different perspectives and ethical systems.
- demonstrates moral decision-making.
- understands himself/herself as a part of a larger world and shares responsibility for the good of the greater community.
- engages open-mindedly, reflectively, and empathetically with alternative points of views and opinions.
A STUDENT OF Character...
- shows respect for self and others.
- understands that honesty is a bedrock of community.
- demonstrates integrity and self-discipline.
- understands the necessity of forgiveness, recognizing that imperfections and mistakes are part of the human condition.