Congratulations to the Grade 7 & 8 Robotics teams for an exceptional competition at the Greenwich Academy Vex Robotics Vex IQ Event last week.
Our vision: to inspire, engage, and empower a community that fosters innovation, creativity, critical thinking and problem-solving within and across the curriculum and co-curriculum.
- To provide unique learning experiences through collaboration.
- To inspire creative, critical, and analytical thinking.
- To inspire an appreciation for and the imagination needed to design, create, and utilize advanced technologies.
- To develop leaders who support one another through collaboration.
- To provide professional learning and resources for educators.
Located in the Cohen Center for the Creative Arts, the design Makerspace is an innovation lab for Middle and Upper School students. The space serves as a hub of creativity and invention on campus, featuring a wide range of engineering and manufacturing equipment. Built to inspire new modes of design-oriented thinking, hands-on learning, and inventive creativity, the Makerspace has fast become a favorite place for discovery, exploration, and collaboration for the Rye Country Day community.
The Upper and Middle School robotics teams competed in tournaments at Our Lady of Lourdes High School and The Harvey School, respectively.
The RCDS Sumo Robotics team (comprising students in Grades 3 – 6) put their bots to the test at their first competition.