In science class, third grade students created sundials and tested them in the Lower School garden.
Our vision: to inspire, engage, and empower a community that fosters innovation, creativity, critical thinking and problem-solving within and across the curriculum and co-curriculum.
- To provide unique learning experiences through collaboration.
- To inspire creative, critical, and analytical thinking.
- To inspire an appreciation for and the imagination needed to design, create, and utilize advanced technologies.
- To develop leaders who support one another through collaboration.
- To provide professional learning and resources for educators.
Located in the Cohen Center for the Creative Arts, the design Makerspace is an innovation lab for Middle and Upper School students. The space serves as a hub of creativity and invention on campus, featuring a wide range of engineering and manufacturing equipment. Built to inspire new modes of design-oriented thinking, hands-on learning, and inventive creativity, the Makerspace has fast become a favorite place for discovery, exploration, and collaboration for the Rye Country Day community.
Two RCDS teams qualified to compete among 36 teams of outstanding robotics students from approximately 10 schools and organizations.
Knowledge of mass distribution, compression and tension, and good design technique was demonstrated during this fun, collaborative STEM activity.
Students spent the year leading up to the tournament collecting data and developing theory. They finished in the top four.