Coming together to reflect on and celebrate the accomplishments of the academic year, Rye Country Day School faculty and staff attended the Employee Tea on June 2. The festive gathering recognized individual employees for their outstanding contributions to Rye Country Day through fellowships, awards, and anniversary and retirement celebrations. Congratulations and deep gratitude to all of our awardees and honorees!
Faculty and staff who have served Rye Country Day for over 10 years are eligible for one of five Seniority Fellowships.
- Jenny Heath, Grade 11 Dean &US English Teacher
- Joanne Aventuro, Grade 3 Teacher
- Leif Halverson, US Learning Specialist
- Stacy Kaufman, Grade 4 Teacher
- Jason Leath, US Computer Science Teacher, US Humanities Teacher
Endowed awards are presented to faculty and staff for outstanding service to RCDS. Recipients are those who meet the specific criteria for each award.
Will McCurdy Memorial Award
for outstanding advising in the Upper School
- Eileen Juico, US Learning Specialist
- Laura Mungavin, US Spanish Teacher
- Joan Kubisch: Spanish Teacher, Upper School
Carol Lichtenfeld Memorial Award
for outstanding advising in the Middle School
- Heather Russell, MS Mathematics Teacher
Lower School Advising Award
for a Lower School teacher who went above and beyond in support of student(s).
- Heather Lentini: Grade 1 Teacher
Frank Effinger Outstanding Coaching Award
- Jenny Smith, Director of Physical Education & Coach
Linda Grossman Award
for outstanding service to RCDS
- Nancy Gordon, Nurse
- Erielle DeJesus, Nurse
- Nicole Regan, Nurse
- Rebecca Tenney, Nurse
Congratulations to our anniversary celebrants and thank you for your commitment to Rye Country Day!
- Mary Marcell, Music Teacher & Department Chair (30 years)
- Peter Coulianos, Music Teacher (20 years)
Rye Country Day bid farewell to eight faculty and staff members who concluded their careers at the close of this academic year. We thank them and wish them all the best in retirement.
- Paul Wieman, Humanities Teacher (38 years)
- Joe Rue, Science Teacher & Fencing Coach (37 years)
- Dallice Lazarus, Mathematics Teacher (24 years)
- Laurie Pinkham, Assistant Director of Admissions, Lower School (22 years)
- Laura Festo, Lower School Teacher (17 years)
- Kristin Bainbridge, Admissions Representative (16 years)
- Nancy Gordon, Nurse (12 years)
- Eileen Juico, US Learning Specialist (10 years)