The PA's overall mission is to help foster a sense of community among our parents and guardians while working in partnership with the School for the benefit of the whole community. Specifically, the PA strives to:
- build a warm and welcoming community among parents/guardians;
- facilitate communication between parents/guardians and the School; and
- support and raise funds for vital School programming, scholarships, enrichment activities, and PA-sponsored events.
Greetings from the Parents Association President
The RCDS Parents Association’s primary mission is parent and guardian engagement, with each other and with the School. We fulfill this goal through a wide variety of social events, community building efforts, and fundraising initiatives throughout the year. Whether rallying around our Athletic Boosters, participating in the Book Fair, planning Parent/Guardian Socials, or meeting with Division Principals, our various committees, events, and activities are designed to strengthen the RCDS community. Together with the School, our goal is to create a warm environment that gives everyone a sense of belonging. You are not just welcome here, you belong here.
Through the Parents Association, we celebrate what makes us unique and what we have in common. One significant shared experience among us is our decision to send our children to Rye Country Day School, knowing that this education is one of the greatest investments we could make for them and their future. This decision unites us all, current parents and parents of alumni alike, and fuels our work to create community and connection.
Membership within the RCDS parent/guardian community is lifelong, and the bonds we share keep the School robust, supporting both current and future generations of students, as well as alumni. Our deepest gratitude goes to our current and past families for their engagement, dedication, and service. Our collective work makes us a joyful and strong community, and it is the embodiment of Not for Self, but for Service.
Parents Association President
- Arts Festival and International Fair
- Athletic Booster Committee
- Blue & Gold Benefit (BAGB)
- Caring & Wellness Committee
- Faculty & Employee Appreciation Committee
- Family Skating Party
- Friends of the Arts (FOA)
- Holiday Boutique & Book Fair
- Holiday Boutique Sip & Shop
- Host Family Program (HFP)
- Ice Cream Social (Grades 2-4)
- Lower School Photo Books
- Lower School Lunchroom & Skate Tying Volunteers
- Parent Admissions Network (PAN)
- Parent Public Purpose Committee (PPP)
- RCDS Community Connections
- Senior Events Committee
- Speaker Series: Heard in Rye
- Spirit Committee
- Spring Luncheon & Annual Meeting
- STEAM Committee
- STEAM Fest (Lower School)
- Sustainability Committee
- Wildcat Den