1. PERSONAL INFORMATION
“Personal Information” means any information or set of information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could be linked, directly or indirectly, with an identified or identifiable individual. Accordingly, Personal Information may include an individual’s name, gender, postal address (including billing and shipping addresses), telephone number, email address, date of birth, credit and debit card number, username and password and demographic information.
“Automatically-Collected Personal Information” is any Personal Information that is automatically collected by our or third party systems, such as device information, App usage data and information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies. As a general visitor to our Website, we track the pages you view for our own web performance records.
We maintain this Website for informational purposes and in order to facilitate your interaction with us. The Website only collects Personal Information when voluntarily and knowingly submitted by a visitor. You can have general access to our Website and browse pages describing our school without providing any Personal Information or being required to register at our Website. However, you may not be able to access all parts of our Website or interact with us online without supplying Personal Information.
Links and Third Parties
How We Can Collect Personal Information
We and our Service Providers collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Services, e.g., when you sign up for a newsletter, create an account or make a purchase;
- Offline, such as when you attend an event, or should you need to contact a particular department at RCDS; and
- From other sources, such as public databases; joint marketing partners; social media platforms; and as well as from other third parties.
How We Collect Automatically-Collected Personal Information and Cookies
We and our Service Providers collect Automatically-Collected Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- If you download and use our Apps, we and our Service Providers track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the Apps on your device(s) access our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the Apps.
How We Can Use and Share Personal Information
We may use and share your Personal Information in one or more of the following ways:
- To send you materials or information that you have requested and to notify you of other communications that may be of interest to you;
- With unaffiliated third parties, attorneys, accountants or advisors who provide us with assistance or advice or are under contract to perform services for us or on our behalf (collectively, "Service Providers"). This includes Service Providers who provide IT Services, payment processing, order fulfillment, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing and auditing services and other third party Service Providers listed above under “Links and Third Parties”. Our Service Providers will be required to uphold and maintain our policies with respect to privacy, confidentiality and the treatment of your Personal Information, provided that any Service Provider's access to such information will be limited to the purpose for which such information was provided to our Service Provider;
- To persons as permitted by applicable law or regulation;
- To law enforcement personnel and agencies, as part of a legal process, if otherwise compelled to do so by law or in connection with any government or self-regulatory organization request or investigation, in order to protect our property or in furtherance of an investigation regarding a breach of the Website rules and policies, unauthorized access to or use of the Website or any other illegal activities;
- If you direct us to do so with your consent; or
- When you voluntarily submit it to us.
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer your Personal Information to nor exchange this information with other organizations for purposes of solicitation, except as explained herein. Please note that non-personally identifiable Website visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses without restriction.
Lawful Processing of Personal Information
We will only use your Personal Information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- To perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests); or
- Where we need to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
2. RETENTION PERIOD
3. DATA SECURITY
We maintain reasonable physical, technical, and organizational safeguards to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, misuse, or disclosure. However, no exchange of data over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. While we make every effort to protect your Personal Information shared with us through the Website, you acknowledge that the Personal information you voluntarily share with us through the Website could be accessed or tampered with by a third party. You agree that we are not responsible for any intercepted information shared through the Website without our knowledge or permission. Additionally, you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
4. CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. To the extent applicable, we comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 ("COPPA"). COPPA requires that website operators do not knowingly request Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 without obtaining verifiable parental consent. In accordance with COPPA, we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13. In the event that we determine that a user of this Website is under the age of 13, we will not maintain or use his or her Personal Information. We will then delete any such Personal Information from our records.
5. CONTACTING US
Rye Country Day School
3 Cedar Street
Rye, NY 10580
Last Updated: June, 2020
Type of Service
Online Apparel Store
Online Learning Management
Online Tuition Payments and Re-Enrollment
Payment Service Provider