RCDS Complaints Management Policy
Rye Country Day School is committed to fostering a safe, respectful, and inclusive learning and working environment for the entire community. As community members, it is important to recognize our shared responsibility to each other, and to take steps to prevent, investigate, and respond to all complaints brought to the School’s attention.
RCDS has enacted a Complaints Management Policy (the “Policy”) to reflect and maintain its institutional values and community expectations. The School recognizes that it is in the community’s best interest that complaints are resolved fairly, equitably, and at the earliest possible stage. To that end, the Policy establishes a process for the reporting, investigating, and tracking of issues and concerns to enable the School to respond more effectively to individual complaints while also collecting data in a manner that supports the School’s efforts to identify and curtail potentially systemic and pervasive problems.
The Policy also supports the School’s vision of a diverse community that values equity and inclusion. The School will enhance its response to incidents of discrimination, harassment, and bias by creating additional support systems for individuals seeking to report such incidents, mandating a preliminary inquiry or formal investigation of these complaints, and vesting responsibility for resolution of these complaints in key members of the Administration. In that light, the Policy is intended to complement, but not replace, any other School policies regarding the prohibition of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, including but not limited to those policies contained in the Employee Handbook and the Parent-Student Handbook.
- What is covered by the Policy?
- What are DEI Complaints? Are they handled differently from other complaints?
- Who Oversees the Policy?
- How do I make a Complaint?
- Can I submit a complaint anonymously?
- What happens after I file a complaint? How are complaints resolved?
- What if I fear retaliation? Is complaint information confidential?
- As a parent/guardian, will I be notified of my child’s involvement in a complaint investigation?
- What steps does the School take to identify potentially problematic patterns or systemic issues?