- My technology isn't working! What do I do?
- Where is the Zoom link?
- Do we need to update our Zoom?
- Do students need to create Zoom accounts?
- What do I do if my child is locked out of a Zoom meeting?
- What should my student do when they finish their work before the allotted time in the breakout room?
- How can I check if I am having wifi issues?
- How do I change the name of my device so that it shows correctly when I enter a Zoom?
- How do I adjust my microphone settings in Zoom?
If one of our platforms is not functioning properly, please check the status pages first. Right now, these tools are experiencing an unprecedented amount of use. If there is a system wide issue, they'll report it on these pages:
Broken laptop? Please facilitate repairs directly through Apple or your vendor.
I need tech support:
- Families in the Lower School should start with their LS teacher, Mr. Turner, for tech support.
- Families in the Middle School and Upper School should use the questions below to determine where to reach out to for tech help.
- Please visit the Zoom Help Center if you have questions for using Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
When should I reach out to my teacher?
- Permission issues with a shared Google document
- Unable to find something on Haiku
- Unable to log in or use a tool that they have recommended
- General questions about class expectations
- Looking for the correct Zoom link
When should I reach out to my advisor or dean?
- I do not have a working computer and cannot get one
- I am concerned with my progress
- I am having trouble adjusting to remote learning
When should I reach out to tech support?
- I need a password reset
- FirstClass Issues
- Zoom Camera and/or Microphone issues
For privacy reasons, RCDS will only share Zoom meeting links and passwords via email or Haiku.
|Community Enrichment Offerings||E-Notes|
|Meetings with: Principals, Deans, Counselors & Transition Meetings||Specific Email|
|Meetings with: Parents Association||Specific Email / Registration|
The school will automatically push updates to Zoom for all school-issued devices (grades PK - 6). If your family is using a non-school device, it is important to periodically update your Zoom app to make sure that your student is able to fully participate in class.
Zoom help article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233-Upgrade-update-to-the-latest-version
No. They can join meetings without having accounts by clicking on the invitation link from their teacher. We do recommend downloading the Zoom app.
Please visit the Zoom Help Center if you have questions for using Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
- Go to https://www.speedtest.net/ and
- Run a speedtest
- Make sure that the results of your speedtest are close to the plan that you are paying for
- If your results show that you are not getting the results you are paying for, call your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Make sure that your family device has the family name
- On a computer:
- If using the meeting ID and password: Click “Join a Meeting,” enter the meeting ID, and then on the line below, put in the correct name (not the device name). If you are using a link provided by the teacher, then input your name when the “Join a Meeting” screen pops up. In both cases, check the “Remember my name for future meetings” option after changing the name.
- On an iPad:
- Before using the link provided by the teacher, open the Zoom app and click the “Join a Meeting” button. Enter the meeting ID and input your name in the line below the meeting ID.
- On a computer:
*After you have installed the Zoom app*
Please make sure to all Zoom to access your Apple laptop's camera and microphone:
- Click the Apple logo at the top left corner of your screen.
- Click System Preferences.
- Click Security & Privacy.
- Click the lock icon at the bottom left corner of the Security & Privacy window.
- Enter your OS administrator username and password.
- Click Unlock.
- Click the permission that you need to change: Camera and then Microphone.
- Click the checkbox next to zoom.us. (Zoom Rooms is not used)
- Once you've allowed all necessary permissions, click Quit Now.
- Reopen Zoom and you should now have full access.
Pre-K - Grade 2: Login with Badge
Grade 3 - 4: Login with G-Suite Credentials